An interactive day where industry, research facilities and academia meet to network and discuss common technology challenges.
Focus on: Precision Engineering and production, Precision Movement and Alignment, Sample environment, Rapid support, Control and electronics, 3D printing, Technical Consumables and procurement procedures
TIME: 28 September, 08.30 – 17.00
PLACE: AF, Sandgatan 2 i Lund (Sweden)
Attendance at the work-shop is free of charge.
Take the opportunity to listen to, meet, and discuss with representatives from the following:
• ISIS and Diamond Light Source – Harwell, UK
• CERN – Geneva, Switzerland
• DESY or XFEL – Hamburg, Germany
• ESS and MAX IV – Lund, Sweden
• Industry: Swedish and Danish companies
• Representatives from academia, for example Lund Technical University (LTH), will be present.
Contents of the day:
• Introductory presentations about technology challenges and networking between research facilities and suppliers.
• Technology workshops around different technology areas of relevance to facilities. Presentations of technology challenges. Discussion and questions. Select which workshop/round table discussion you would like to participate in when signing up. Precision Engineering and production, Precision Movement and Alignment, Sample environment, Rapid support, Control and electronics, 3D printing, Technical Consumables and procurement procedures.
• Industry exhibition – companies and facilities are welcome to exhibit and present products and services provided, or technology needs.
• Poster sessions – academia and research facilities
• Opportunity to make contacts with key representatives from companies and facilities.
For information, contact: